Monday, September 12, 2011

Growing up

Up until about a year or so ago my world was pretty little. I had spent my childhood/adult life in Longview, Washington... such a small town.. or so I thought. Where everything in my life was patterned. I got up.. I would sit around all day... or if it was a Sunday.. Go to church, go home for lunch, go back to church. I mean I loved my little life. But God called me to go out into the world.. do something.. not just get by with doing the minimal. But actually Do something. He called to Cannon Beach, Oregon.. a little coastal town.. but this town holds a big Christian Conference Center. Last summer opened my eyes. I left all the comforts of home and came to Cannon Beach without knowing anyone. I made some awesome friends last summer that I know I will have for a long time. But I also learned some things.. My life at home wasn't growing.. I wasn't learning. I was stuck, and although it seemed like it was a pretty good life.. I wasn't where God wanted me to be. I have always been someone who doesn't like much change but I'm coming to find that when I start getting too comfortable in a place I start to rely on myself and not on God. I want to one day settle down and have that ideal family.. but at this point in my life I feel God calling me to let go and Him guide me. One day i know God will bring the right guy in my life and we will share one vision. But right now I feel like although I'll be in Cannon Beach at least until after the New Year I will probably be moving on again. And I feel like this next move may even be farther away. But oddly enough I feel great about it.. excited... I'm really excited about where He will lead me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment