Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bring them home!

It's amazing how years can be marked. By blessing, tragic events, memorable moments.... the list goes on. 10 years ago today I was sitting in front of a tv at school. I was in 6th grade and I remember seeing all the teachers and other students crying around me and I was crying. We all knew that America would never be the same. 9/11/2001 the reality of terrorists was forced upon me. I have a journal that I kept and in it I wrote about how our country was going to be entering into war with Iraq. 6th grade my biggest worry should have been if the boy at church liked me or not... but instead my mind was on war. I knew friends whose dads were being sent overseas and as I got older some of my friends started to be sent overseas. We watched as the death toll grew and grew and many people lost their brothers, sisters, mothers, daughters... fathers... Our America is still in mourning. 10 years and we are still counting the numbers of people dying.... We are remembering 9/11/2001 but some families are still living the fear of not knowing if their sons or daughters are going to be coming back home in one piece.. or even back home at all... I pray that this is the year that all our soldiers make it home. They have been fighting too long. I am 22... I was 12 when this all started... I know friends that have faced the fear of losing someone that they loved... by now everyone in America has probably faced this fear... BRING THEM HOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment