Saturday, January 19, 2013

Prayers Answered

Lately I have really tried to make sure to pray everyday and many times a day. The other day while driving I asked God to shut my mouth when I have something mean to say, or just rude. Well today while talking to a friend she mentioned someone and I automatically said something rude, and snap judgment on that particular person. Later while just playing a game on facebook I felt a nagging on my heart. I honestly could hear someone saying that what I had done was wrong. Usually I just let it slip by without correcting it, but the nagging continued. So finally I sent her a message and asked her to forgive me for my rash judgment and as soon as I sent the apology I felt a weight lift. I know God is teaching me to shut my mouth. God does answer prayers. He does though want us to be willing to learn, and obey. I want to urge you to ask God to help you in way that won't just benefit yourself but others. Whether it be something like what I have asked for or even for you to be more outgoing, or more loving towards others. We need to remember that it isn't all about us. What we do and say actually does affect others. After I asked for forgiveness my friend actually sent a message telling me that what I wrote was exactly what she needed to hear. I mean just owning up to our own mistakes can show others that we truly do care. So what will you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment