Monday, October 19, 2015

Waypoint

Hey y'all,
I thought I would add a little Texas slang when addressing you all. For most of you this is old news but I thought I would share what has happened in last couple of months.

This last year I felt like God was telling me or setting my heart on pursuing Camp Ministry for more than a summer. I feel like my mission field is Camp. So starting in January I started to actively search and apply for different Camp Ministry positions. I applied for many and didn't actually hear back from any for awhile, and at the time it was discouraging but I still felt that tug on my heart. So I kept applying. In April I actually flew to Texas for an interview but in the end that camp wasn't the right fit and I wasn't exactly what they were looking for. So in June I ended the school year at Three Rivers Christian school and let them know that I wasn't going to be back in the fall. I didn't have a job lined up, but I knew that God wanted me to keep pursuing Camp. I spent the summer doing odd jobs and applying for jobs at camps.

The end of August... I had two camps I was interviewing for, and I received an invitation to become a Waypoint Leadership Intern at Camp Cho-Yeh in Livingston Texas. I didn't say yes straight away, because I was also really interested in another position too and I wasn't sure which one I should choose... but God, knowing me picked the job for me. I said yes on a Saturday and flew out on a Tuesday. That is how quickly my life changed.

I have learned so much in the last month and a half... I have done things I never had dreamed of. I have been stretched, and I have grown. I know that God does amazing things, and I am so glad that He has brought me here to Texas.

I came here not knowing anyone, but I have gained so many family members in the last month in a half. I not only have my Waypoint family which I consider my new brothers and sisters, but even the full time staff are part of my Texas family. I love that God brings us together in a way that is like being home, even if I am far from my biological family, God gives me family wherever he takes me.

So this year I will be challenged, stretched, molded, and made new. I am so excited to see what God does this year at Camp Cho-Yeh. I am extremely blessed and so happy to be a Waypoint Intern.

Keep us in your prayers as we face new challenges and opportunities, pray that we have clear minds and that we have rest. Pray that we strive to be beacons to the people we serve and serve alongside. Pray that we seek God's wisdom in every situation.

Thank you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment